Sound Unseen is excited to announce its partnership with the Cult Collective – a newly formed event team that’s launching their tastemaker events with ICONS: Film, Fashion, and Rock ‘n’ Roll. ICONS is an inaugural annual show that will spotlight fashion icons throughout history paired with a secret venue, secret cinema, and surprise live entertainment.
To kickstart your hearts, this year’s theme is fashion icons of ROCK ‘N’ ROLL. 12 local designers will present runway fashion around the categories of punk rock, ladies of rock, glam rock, and psychedelic rock. Sound Unseen will assault your vision with secret rock ‘n’ roll cinema while you indulge on craft bites from internationally recognized Chef Scot Moore and sip on special craft beer & cocktails made just for this show. And it gets better…your ALL-INCLUSIVE ticket also includes a surprise live performance from a mystery local buzz band (hint: they made a splash at this year’s SXSW showcase). Oh…and did we mention this is all happening in a secret venue?
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR SOUND UNSEEN 15!
Sound Unseen is now accepting film submissions via FilmFreeway! Deadlines are noted below. For all details and how to submit, please go to our FilmFreeway page HERE. Festival dates for Sound Unseen 15 are Nov. 12-16, 2014.
FILM SUBMISSION DEADLINES:
Earlybird Deadline: April 19, 2014
Regular Deadline: July 31, 2014
Late Deadline: August 16, 2014
Extended Deadline: September 2, 2014
Announcement Date: September 26, 2014
RULES & TERMS
1. Films must be Minnesota, Midwest, US, North American, and/or World premieres to screen at Sound Unseen.
2. Films must be at least MN premieres to be considered and eligible to be accepted into “Competition”
3. Films that have been previously submitted to the Sound Unseen are not eligible.
4. Films must have been completed on or after January 1, 2012.
5. Films in theatrical release in Minnesota prior to, or at the time of the festival (Nov. 12-16, 2014) are not eligible.
6. Film screeners must be submitted on DVD or private video screener link with password. (2 DVD Screeners or one flash drive per entry; NTSC Region 0 or 1)
7. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
8. Entrant will allow usage of clips from the film for promotional use on television, radio, in print, and at live Festival events.
9. All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles are not eligible.
10. Student film entries must include proof of student status at the time of production (i.e., copy of student ID, transcript, etc. and should be included with DVD screeners or screening link).
Tickets are now officially on sale to the public for our Speakeasy Cinefeast and they’re going quickly! Ticketing opened up a day ago to those awesome folks who signed up to receive the email invitation. Want to be added to our invitation email list? It’s easy…just sign up HERE.
Join us on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12TH for the SPEAKEASY CINEFEAST, our second event in our quarterly PopUp Cinefeast series with Dinner on the Farm.
Why the Speakeasy theme? Well, the location we’re holding this in pretty much begs for it. This private home located on Lake of the Isles will play host to what will be an immersive and adventurous evening. The all-inclusive ticket includes:
• fine food prepared fresh by three of Twin Cities best chefs
• exquisite cocktails crafted by members of the North Star Bartenders Guild and local craft beer TBA
• surprise musical guests and special performances throughout the evening (it’s going to be AMAZING)
• secret cinema presented by Sound Unseen
We wish we could tell you more…but then it wouldn’t really be a speakeasy now would it? All we can tell you is that there are secret rooms and you will be given a map upon entrance so you can navigate the party! We may announce a few more details over the next few weeks, so be sure to follow both Sound Unseen and Dinner on the Farm on Twitter & Facebook!
As always, tickets are extremely limited due to the private locale and to ensure exclusivity. Location of the event will only be revealed to ticket holders one week prior to event. In addition, ticket holders will receive a unique password specific to them that you must say at the door to gain entrance (and show their ID of course).
Trust us. You won’t wanna miss this party! Debonair attire is highly encouraged! Doors at 7:30 PM/Cinefeast at 8:00 PM.
This summer, we’ve decided to shake things up a bit as we’re expanding things by way of partnerships (and perhaps cities — you heard it here first!) and collaborations. We’ve got a lot of really cool things brewing and just like you, we are stoked about summertime here in our hometown. We can’t say much more other than it’s going to be AWESOME. The only thing is…you need to pay attention (follow us on Facebook and Twitter) and you’ll need to grab tickets before they sell out. Why? Because tickets will be limited and you won’t want to miss out on this fun stuff. Seriously. We launch this 3 part pop-up series on Sunday, July 14th. Stay tuned Sound Unseeners!
Dear friends, fans, and supporters of Sound Unseen,
This is our first year in participating in Give to the Max Day and it’s all possible because of our wonderful fiscal sponsors: IFP Minnesota. As you may already know, Sound Unseen is primarily volunteer-based and our organization is fueled by passion, commitment to great programming, and pure love for our amazing community of filmmakers, artists, and musicians. Without the support of sponsors, partnerships, and individuals like yourselves, we wouldn’t be able to do what we do.
Sound Unseen celebrated its 13th year this year and we’d love to make it to 20 years. We are the region’s only “films-on-music” festival and it’s our hope to expand our programming in 2013. We love bringing you US and MN film premieres, we are over-the-moon about the local music scene, and we absolutely would love to continue bringing in visiting filmmakers. Our entire vision is to unite communities through film, music and art and creating longevity in the community through lasting partnerships and programs.
With your donation, we may continue our mission to foster a greater appreciation of cinema, to bridge cultures, create and expand community, provide cultural exchange, networking opportunities and educational outreach through regular interaction with great films, filmmakers, musicians and artists.
We thank you in advance and hope to see you at one of our monthly screenings or at our fest! DONATE HERE.
-The Sound Unseen Staff